When using the CCM Web UI in IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM), the Workflow configuration page will no longer load after removing a resolution from the list of available Items.
Element referred to in the resolution list are still being used in the workflow configuration, which prevents the tool for re-loading the view.
Resolving the problem
|Note: Process configuration file changes are risky if you do not keep track of the changes made. Saving a copy of the original process configuration file will enable you to recover from unexpected results by simply replacing the whole content to a previously saved version.|
- Using the Eclipse client, login to the repository and open the projects configuration.
- Once in the project configuration, move to the project configuration source
- Right click, then select "Show History"
- This will open the history tab, was will show is a list of the changes that have been done.
- You can then select a good Configuration, and compare it with the troublesome configuration.
- Right click and compare files.
- NOTE: The tricky aspects are to clearly understand what elements are changed, and what is a good configuration point as compared to a bad one.
- Review the elements associated to the workflow area
- Copy the element that was missing or accidentally removed
- Paste it to the Project Configuration Source as it used to be,
- Save the update.
When you return to the Web Client, all will be in working order.