Collecting Data documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
1) Manually Gathering General Information
- Complete SysBack version, to 4 digits: lslpp -l *.sysback.*
- Tivoli Storage Manager API version: lslpp -l tivoli.tsm.client.*
- AIX version, technology level, and service pack: oslevel -s
- Tivoli Storage Manager Server version, to 4 digits
- Tivoli Storage Manager server OS and OS version
Generated by running from AIX:
# sbenv -d /tmp -t -a
Or, from smitty sysback: Utilities -> Gather SysBack and System Information ->
Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.
[TOP] [Entry Fields]
Directory Name [/tmp] /
Archive data (tar format) yes +
Compress archive image (AIX "compress" command) no +
Gather all data yes +
- Command or script you're running for the backups
- Logs generated from the backups
Generated by recreating with debug turned on as follows:
# script /tmp/sysback.out
# export SBDEBUG=1
# <sysback command or script you're running>
3) Tivoli Storage Manager information
From the sysback client:
- Tivoli Storage Manager opt file, for example: dsm.opt.tsm0
Found in /usr/lpp/sysback/tsm
- Tivoli Storage Manager sys file: dsm.sys
Found in /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin
- Tivoli Storage Manager error log: sbtsmerror.log
By default found in /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin, or in directory specified by DSMI_LOG, or path and filename as specified in dsm.sys by errorlogname
From the Tivoli Storage Manager Server command line (dsmadmc):
- q node <nodename> f=d > qnode.out
- q system > qsystem.out
- q actlog begindate=-1 begintime=06:00 > actlog.out
Or for the duration of the attempted backup.
Submitting Information to IBM Support
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic troubleshooting data to IBM via FTP, HTTP upload, or email. For details see the following link: "sending documentation to Support for problem determination"