When loading Clarity in Internet Explorer, there is an error generated that causes Clarity to stop
"Internet Explorer has stopped working" error when loading Clarity
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application version: 8
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
The Windows Kernel monitors a program's execution. If the Kernel detects an attempt to run code from a memory page that is not marked executable, the Kernel halts execution of the program, resulting in a "crash." This is a security measure to help ensure that memory-related vulnerabilities (for example, buffer overflows) in the application cannot be exploited in order to execute arbitrary code.
For additional details check the Microsoft website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371730%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
IBM Clarity Server 7
Internet Explorer 8
Diagnosing the problem
Open Internet Explorer and load Clarity. Internet Explorer stops working and generates the error.
Resolving the problem
In order to solve this issue, there are 2 settings that need to be disabled in Internet Explorer using the steps below:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Switch to the Advanced tab.
3. Click the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button.
4. Click Reset to confirm the operation.
5. Click Close when the resetting process finished.
6. Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option.
7. Uncheck Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks in the Settings box
8. Click Apply, click OK.