Announcement Letter for IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS v12.4
General Availability of IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS version 12.4 is 27 April 2012 for media and documentation availability.
The standard in optimization software, technology, and solutions, CPLEX is now available on z/OS, enabling new mathematical optimization capabilities for mainframe applications.
CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS provides flexible, high-performance mathematical programming solvers for linear programming, mixed integer programming, quadratic programming, and quadratically constrained programming problems. CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS includes interfaces in the C and C++ programming languages.
IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS V12.4 features:
CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS enables mathematical optimization in a mainframe environment for operations research practitioners and lines of business in:
- Finance: banking, financial markets, and insurance
- Government: tax, insurance, and national security
This offering provides greater end-to-end performance, reliability, simplified architecture, and maintenance requirements as opposed to applications deployed in a distributed environment.
Finance, healthcare, and government clients can:
- Maintain the security and reliability of data for optimization applications within the mainframe environment.
- Reduce IT and software maintenance costs through simplified architecture.
- Gain greater end-to-end performance by running optimization models within z/OS.
For more information, see the US Announcement Letter for IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS . Information for other country announcement letters is located here.
To determine what the newest release of IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS is and if the release you are running is still supported see the IBM Software Support Lifecycle Page for IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS.