Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 IFR 1 fix for IBM Connections 18.104.22.168 and IBM WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124 support and mobile enhancements
A fix is available on IBM Fix Central that provides support for IBM Sametime integration into IBM Connections 126.96.36.199 and IBM WebSphere Portal 188.8.131.52 using the Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 (IFR 1). This fix also brings a number of enhancements and problem resolutions to the mobile Sametime client (both iOS and Android).
This fix provides the following enhancements to IBM Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 (IFR 1):
Support for IBM Connections 184.108.40.206
With this fix installed, it is possible to integrate Connections 220.127.116.11 with Sametime 8.5.2 IFR 1.
Support for IBM WebSphere Portal 18.104.22.168
With this fix installed, it is possible to integrate Portal 22.214.171.124 with Sametime 8.5.2 IFR 1. Note that this integration is possible only when using the new Page Builder theme.
IBM Sametime native mobile (iOS and Android) clients improvements
With this fix installed, the user experience for users of the mobile native Sametime clients has been improved in the following ways:
- If a picture cannot be sent to an iOS Sametime native client user, then an error message is now displayed to the sender.
- An issue where the sender of a message to an iOS Sametime native client showed as question marks (?) in the notification has been resolved.
- The notification that a chat partner is a mobile native client user has now been made optional. Refer to the "Additional instructions" section below for steps to enable this notification.
Prerequisite: The Sametime System Console must be at version 8.5.2 IFR 1. If not, then you will see a failure message during the fix install noting an incorrect version level. Refer to Installing Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 on the Sametime System Console to get started.
This fix must be installed on top of a Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 (IFR 1). If the server is running 8.5.2 (without the IFR 1 fix), then the IFR 1 fix will be automatically installed.
To install this fix on a Sametime Proxy Server node, follow these steps:
- Download the fix OBEN-8SRQTP from IBM Fix Central
An earlier version of this fix, named OBEN-8SDLGS, has been superseded.
- Shut down the Sametime Proxy Server
- Copy the file you downloaded onto the Sametime Proxy Server
- Unzip the file on the server file system
- Apply the fix by running the appropriate update command:
- If running on the Microsoft Windows operating system, run the update.bat batch file
- If running on the AIX, Linux or Solaris operating systems, run the update.sh script
- If running on IBM i, run the IBMi\stii_sp\install_stp.sh script
- Follow the instructions on screen until the installation completes
If you are running a multi-node (cluster) configuration, then repeat these instructions on each node.
To enable or disable the notification that a chat partner is running a mobile native Sametime client, perform the following steps for each Sametime Proxy Server in your environment:
- Shut down the Sametime Proxy Server
- On the Deployment Manager, locate the stproxyconfig.xml file for each Sametime Proxy Server
- Open stproxyconfig.xml file with a text editor, and locate the "<server>" section
- Before the "configuration" section closing tag ("</configuration>"), add the following lines:
Set the value to "true" to disable the notification, or set it to "false" to enable it
- Save the file. Use the ISC to synchronize the nodes (full re-synchronize)
- Restart the server
|Organizational Productivity- Portals & Collaboration||IBM Connections||Sametime plug-in||AIX, Linux, Windows||126.96.36.199|
|Organizational Productivity- Portals & Collaboration||WebSphere Portal||Collaboration||AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||188.8.131.52|
More support for:
Sametime Proxy Server and Web Client
Software version: 8.5.2, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): AIX, Android, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, iOS
Software edition: Standard
Reference #: 1588293
Modified date: 06 April 2012
Translate this page: