Attempts to render a P8eForms form which contains the 3 of 9 barcodes to PDF result in the underlying numeric values are printed instead of the actual barcodes. The issue only occurs if P8eForms is hosted on a non-Windows system such as Linux.
The barcode font is not installed in the correct location
Resolving the problem
- Launch a terminal window and login as root
- Create a new directory in the fonts directory, e.g: /usr/share/fonts/barcode
- Copy the barcode font file to the newly created directory above
- Verify to ensure that the barcode font file has the proper access rights, e.g chmod 755
- Modify the eforms-preferences.xml file (/opt/IBM/FileNet/Config/WebClient) to update the font location
- Stop and start Websphere Application Server (WAS)
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.