How can I upgrade a Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack server from a "Try and Buy" version?
FastBack does not have a direct upgrade capability from the Try and Buy version to the full release. However, with the following work around, it is possible to install the full version while keeping the existing FastBack configuration.
1. Copy the FastBack folder from the following location (this will assure that we will keep a copy of all the configuration of the software):
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tivoli\TSM\FastBack\
2. Uninstall the existing Try and Buy FastBack server software.
3. Install the full version of the FastBack server software.
4. Stop the FastBack server service
5. Copy the following files from the server folder that was backed up originally
6. Start the FastBack server service
At this point the FastBack server software should be in full mode and reconnected to the repository with the original configuration.
For an environment that involves FastBack DR (Disaster Recovery), the configuration in the FastBack manager is kept but the FastBackDRHubServer.ini under C:\ProgramData\Tivoli\TSM\FastBack\drhub\ will have to be restored from the data backup done in step 1.
1. Copy the original file to the new drhub folder.
2. Restart the FastBack DRHUB service and test the DR functionality.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.