This technote provides a workaround and defect information on offline verification points when using Simplified Scripting in IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT).
Steps to reproduce this issue:
- Start up RFT in Simplified Scripting mode
- Record a new test script against IBM site
- Stop the recording and this should generate a new script
- Open Application View and right click a test object to add a new offline verification point
- Save your script and try to run it
Results: You should see the object not found exception during playback. The same problem appears even when you try to move the verification point between steps.
This is an known issue and it has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM59922.
Resolving the problem
The issue has been resolved on Rational Functional Tester Fix Pack 1 (220.127.116.11) for 8.2.2 and above. Please follow this link to update RFT.