How do you [do something] in IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence?
Other applications (for example IBM Cognos Framework Manager) return an error when accessing the ODBC definition for VVM.
For example the following will be thrown by IBM Cognos Framework Manager when you did not publish the objects into "Virtual View Manager Data Services" area:
RQP-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation ´sqlOpen´Status=´-9´. UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "AOpen". Unable to authorisize request. Invalid token. Please check your Virtual View Manager License. [licence-1900554]
The error message in German:
RQP-DEF-0177 Fehler beim Ausführen der Operation ´sqlOpen´Status=´-9´. UDA-SQL-0107 Allgemeiner Ausnahmefehler während der Opeartion "AOpen". Unable to authorisize request. Invalid token. Please check your Virtual View Manager License. [licence-1900554]
Wrong parameters set in ODBC configuration (DSN).
MS-Windows 2003 (32-bit)
Resolving the problem
After you've done all your design work in Visual View Manager (VVM) Studio
(1) Publish the required objects from the "Shared" area into a new or an existing "Virtual View Manager Data Services" area.
(2) The "Virtual View Manager Data Services" requires a service, catalog and schema name when it's newly created.
Otherwise publish the object(s) into an existing "Virtual View Manager Data Services" -> catalog -> schema to which they should belong to.
(3) Open the ODBC Administrator to create a new DSN using the VVM ODBC driver.
(4) The following ODBC parameters belongs to "Virtual View Manager Data Services" objects:
(a) Datasource = < "Virtual View Manager Data Services" name>
(b) Catalog = < "Virtual View Manager Data Services" - catalog name>
=> The Catalog drop down list will be prepopulated as soon as a proper "Virtual View Manager Data Services" name is set (see (4a)) and you are able to select the catalog you require for this particular connection.
(5) All other ODBC parameters clearly refers to the information required and thus not further comment..
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.