IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition V220.127.116.11 is a lightweight Open Source-based Application Server which is certified to the Java Enterprise Edition 6 full Profile (Java EE Profile) specification. WebSphere Application Server Community Edition provides a platform to support situational as well as multi-tier enterprise applications with no up-front costs, while providing optional fee-based support offerings and a path to more advanced capabilities through the WebSphere Application Server family.
CE 18.104.22.168 is based on Apache Geronimo 3.0-w20111014 which integrates Apache Karaf 2.2.1, Apache Aries 0.3, Apache Tomcat 22.214.171.124, Apache OpenEJB 4.0.0-beta-1, Apache OpenWebBeans 1.1.1 and other open source components. Refer to CHANGES.txt for a detailed list of patches.
Installer and runtime support for new platforms
CE 126.96.36.199 now supports the following platforms as recommended/compatible ones:
- Fedora 16
- openSUSE Linux 12.1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Version 6.2
- Ubuntu 11.10
Refer to platform requirements for information about all supported platforms.
New features and enhancements
CE 188.8.131.52 now provides:
- Running multiple server instances
- Configuring multiple Repositories
- Configuring virtual hosts
- Disabling specific deployers using system properties
- Decoupling OpenWebBeans plug-ins from the server
- Using wildcard character in the deployment plan
CE Eclipse Plug-in (WEP) for 184.108.40.206 is based on Geronimo Eclpse Plug-in (GEP) 3.0, which supports Eclipse Helios or above, and supports Rational Application Developer (RAD) 8.0+. WEP also provides the following enhancements and features:
- Classes hot swapping for an OSGi application instead of redeploying the whole OSGi bundle by using Update modified OSGI bundle only option under the Publish Advance section of the WEP server view.
- Enabling JSP development mode for the server or the web application using a CE specific property org.apache.geronimo.webapplication.stage.