Fatal error received upon launching the application in a Windows Server 2008 environment.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not enabled.
Windows Server 2008
Resolving the problem
Please note that the following steps apply only to Windows Server 2008 environments. Contact support if this issue occurs in any other version of Windows.
1. In the Server Manager interface, select Add Features to displays a list of possible features.
2. In the Select Features interface, expand .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features.
3. After expanding, there will be two check boxes. One for .NET Framework 3.5.1 and other for WCF Activation. Check the box next to .NET Framework 3.5.1 and click Next.
4. Click Install in the Confirm Installation Selections window.
5. Allow the installation process to complete and then click Close.