What tasks should we have to perform in order to maintain our Datawarehouse DB on DB2 ?
The S&P agent only remove Data of tables without performing an allocation of the space released. Therefore a reorganisation of data in tables and indexes needs be performed.
A. we can schedule the reorg automatically as it is indicated in the url:
B. we can do it manually running the commands:
1. db2 connect to warehous user <user> using <password>
2. db2 reorgchk on table all (the output will tell us what tables are asking for a reorg)
then for each of these tables we are going to run:
3. db2 reorg table <schema>.<table_name>
4. db2 reorg indexes all for table <schema>.<table_name>
5. db2 runstats on table <table> with distribution and detailed indexes all db2 terminate
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Monitoring||All Platforms||6.2.1, 6.2, 6.1, 6.2.2|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.