Warehouse DB maintenance
What tasks do we have to perform in order to maintain our Tivoli Data Warehouse on DB2?
The Summarization and Pruning agent only removes data from the tables without performing a re-allocation of the space released. Therefore a reorganisation of data in the tables and indexes needs to be performed.
A. Schedule the reorg automatically as indicated in the url:
B. Perform the task manually running these commands:
1. db2 connect to warehous user <user> using <password>
2. db2 reorgchk on table all (the output will tell us which tables require a reorg)
- For each of these tables run the following commands:
3. db2 reorg table <schema>.<table_name>
4. db2 reorg indexes all for table <schema>.<table_name>
5. db2 runstats on table <table> with distribution and detailed indexes all db2 terminate
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Monitoring||All Platforms||6.2.1, 6.2, 6.1, 6.2.2|