What tasks do we have to perform in order to maintain our Tivoli Data Warehouse on DB2?
The Summarization and Pruning agent only removes data from the tables without performing a re-allocation of the space released. Therefore a reorganisation of data in the tables and indexes needs to be performed.
A. Schedule the reorg automatically as indicated in the url:
B. Perform the task manually running these commands:
1. db2 connect to warehous user <user> using <password>
2. db2 reorgchk on table all (the output will tell us which tables require a reorg)
- For each of these tables run the following commands:
3. db2 reorg table <schema>.<table_name>
4. db2 reorg indexes all for table <schema>.<table_name>
5. db2 runstats on table <table> with distribution and detailed indexes all db2 terminate
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Monitoring||All Platforms||6.2.1, 6.2, 6.1, 6.2.2|