What tasks should we have to perform in order to maintain our Datawarehouse DB on DB2 ?
The S&P agent only remove Data of tables without performing an allocation of the space released. Therefore a reorganisation of data in tables and indexes needs be performed.
A. we can schedule the reorg automatically as it is indicated in the url:
B. we can do it manually running the commands:
1. db2 connect to warehous user <user> using <password>
2. db2 reorgchk on table all (the output will tell us what tables are asking for a reorg)
then for each of these tables we are going to run:
3. db2 reorg table <schema>.<table_name>
4. db2 reorg indexes all for table <schema>.<table_name>
5. db2 runstats on table <table> with distribution and detailed indexes all db2 terminate
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Monitoring||All Platforms||6.2.1, 6.2, 6.1, 6.2.2|