Attempts to configure IBM Rational Policy Tester version 8.5 post installation results in the error "License Server Validated, but unable to find a product license on a server."
The full error message is as follows:
"Server '<server_name>', Port '27000' - License server has been validated, but unable to find a product license on the server."
This happens due to one or both of the following reasons:
- The license server version is not at version 8.1.2
- IBM Rational Policy Tester Single Install licenses are not imported
Resolving the problem
Apply the following steps to resolve the problem:
- Upgrade the License Server version to 8.1.2
- Follow the steps in technote 1514725: How to upgrade Rational License Server to Rational License Key Server version 8.1.2 on Windows
- Generate the available licenses below from the License Key Center and import them into the license server
- IBM Rational Policy Tester Scanner Per Authorized User Single Install License Key
- IBM Rational Policy Tester Scanner Per Install License Key