How do you reset the 'admin' password on a virtual appliance?
Follow these steps:
- Open the VMWare Infrastructure Client or vSphere client..
- Go to Edit settings of the appliance and uncheck 'Connected' and 'Connect at power on' for the 'Network interfaces'.
- In the VMWare appliance console, type resetpass for username and for password.
- On the console, there will be a message to 'Unplug the management ethernet port cable, hit the return key', Press the return key.
- There will be a message to connect the management ethernet port cable back. Go back to Edit settings and check the 'Connected' and 'Connect at power on' for the 'Network Interfaces'.
- Once the above step is complete, go back to the VMWare appliance console and hit the return key.
- There will a prompt to enter the new admin password. Follow on-screen instructions.
- Once the password is changed, login to the appliance using the new password that should work.