Readme for IBM Connections 3.0.1 Fix Pack 1 (184.108.40.206)
This document provides information about the 220.127.116.11 fix pack including important notes, a list of defects fixed, pre-requisites, and installation instructions.
This document contains instructions on how to apply the fix pack to upgrade an IBM Connections 3.0.1 server to the Fix Pack 1 (18.104.22.168) level. Fix Pack 1 supports an upgrfade from IBM Connections 3.0.1. This document includes important notes, fixed defects, prerequisites, and installation instructions for the fix pack.
Table of Contents:
- Before you begin
- Defects fixed
- Prerequisite information for Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.1
- Installation instructions
- Post-installation notes
Before you begin
|Backup all customized files used in your IBM Connections 3.0.1 environment. Customization made outside of the customization directories (as outlined in the product documentation under the page titled "Customizing the user interface") will need to be re-applied manually after the fix pack is installed.
The fix pack can be downloaded from Fix Central. Fix ID is: 22.214.171.124-LC-Multi-FP001
|The list of fixed APARs included in 126.96.36.199 can be found in the fix list for IBM Connections 3.0.1 Fix Pack 1 (188.8.131.52) document.
In addition to the fixed APARs, the fix pack includes many improvements, including:
If you would like to evaluate the fix pack, we recommend that you utilize Lotus Greenhouse's IBM Connections deployment.
Prerequisite information for Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.1
|Installation on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.1 requires that additional packages are installed on the operating system. Please reference this Technote for information on RHEL 6.1: Install IBM Connections 184.108.40.206 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.1.
|NOTE: These instructions are adapted from the "Installing a fix pack in interactive mode" topic in the IBM Connections 3.0.1 product documentation. They are updated for installing the 220.127.116.11 fix pack. For instructions on installing a fix pack in silent mode, please follow the product documentation page titled "Installing a fix pack in silent mode" and skip the first bullet on updating the databases, because the database schema is the same as IBM Connections 3.0.1.
To install the 18.104.22.168 fix pack, complete the following steps:
1. Stop all clusters in your deployment. Leave the Deployment Manager and node agents running during the fix pack installation.
3. From the IBM Installation Manager menu, click File -> Preferences.
4. In the left pane of the IBM Installation Manager, click Repositories -> Add Repository.
5. Enter the full path to the fix pack that you downloaded and then click OK.
6. Click OK to save the new repository.
7. Click Update.
8. The package group panel appears. Click Next to continue.
9. Select the fix pack to install and click Next.
10. Review and accept the license agreement by clicking "I accept terms in the license agreements" and then click Next.
11. Ensure that all the applications are selected and click Next.
12. Enter the administrative ID and password of the Deployment Manager.
13. If you selected one or more new applications to install, you will need to complete 2 additional steps, in order to configure the new applications.
b. Complete the "Enter the database information" panel. For more details on entering the database information, please review step number 13 in the product documentation's Installing IBM Connections topic or step number 14 in the product documentation's Installing a fix pack in interactive mode topic.
15. When the installation is complete, synchronize all the nodes and restart all the clusters.
Your IBM Connections deployment has been updated. To check the logs, go to the lotus_connections_root/logs directory and open the <application>Update.log file, where <application> is the name of an IBMConnections application. If you added new applications, check the application>Install.log file as well.
|New parameters and administration commands
Version 22.214.171.124 has new configuration parameters and administration commands. Using these parameters and command are optional. Please review each document to determine if you need to configure these parameters or run these commands:
Updating TDI Solution
After applying the 126.96.36.199 fix pack, the TDI solution (a.k.a. TDISOL) files need to be updated manually. After the fix pack is successfully applied, the "<LC_HOME>/TDISOL" directory will contain the latest version of TDISOL from the fix pack. Use it to update the TDISOL directory you installed for IBM Connections 3.0.1.
For example, you would extract the appropriate archive found inside <LC_HOME>/TDISOL, which will yield a new directory named "TDI". Copy the files within the extracted directory into your TDISOL directory (usually <LC Wizards Home>/TDIPopulation/TDISOL/linux or <LC Wizards Home>/TDIPopulation/TDISOL/win), overwriting the existing files with the newer ones from the 188.8.131.52 fix pack.
Integration with IBM Sametime 8.5.2
IBM Connections 184.108.40.206 integration with Sametime 8.5.2 requires Sametime Proxy Server 8.5.2 IFR 1 fix.
More support for:
Lotus End of Support Products
Software version: 3.0.1, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1584430
Modified date: 29 July 2014