Attempts to login to IBM Rational Change 5.2 configured in HTTPS mode results in the error "URL failed to run APIs with connection failed".
Steps to reproduce:
- Configure Rational Change in HTTPS mode by referring to technote 1397602: Modifying IBM Rational Change 5.2 (Jetty / WASCE / WAS) to use SSL/HTTPS.
- Login to Rational Change using the URL.
The following error is seen:
URL failed to run APIs with connection failed
The AXIS framework used for web services in IBM Rational Change is Obsolete.
Resolving the problem
The AXIS framework needs a upgrade and is likely to be included in future releases of Rational Change.
- Create a backup of the file ChangeService.wsdl located at
- Open the file ChangeService.wsdl
- Find the entry wsdlsoap:address location="SET AT RUNTIME"
- Replace the SET AT RUNTIME bit to be the URL that should be used to access the web services ashttp://HOSTNAME:PORT/webservices/ChangeService
- Created a backup of file services.xml located at
- Open the services.xml file
- Change the "modifyUserWSDLPortAddress" part from true to false
- Restart Rational Change