Log in to Rational Change 5.2 configured in HTTPS mode fails with "URL failed to run APIs with connection failed" error
Attempts to login to IBM Rational Change 5.2 configured in HTTPS mode results in the error "URL failed to run APIs with connection failed".
Steps to reproduce:
- Configure Rational Change in HTTPS mode by referring to technote 1397602: Modifying IBM Rational Change 5.2 (Jetty / WASCE / WAS) to use SSL/HTTPS.
- Login to Rational Change using the URL.
The following error is seen:
URL failed to run APIs with connection failed
The AXIS framework used for web services in IBM Rational Change is Obsolete.
Resolving the problem
The AXIS framework needs a upgrade and is likely to be included in future releases of Rational Change.
- Create a backup of the file ChangeService.wsdl located at
- Open the file ChangeService.wsdl
- Find the entry wsdlsoap:address location="SET AT RUNTIME"
- Replace the SET AT RUNTIME bit to be the URL that should be used to access the web services ashttp://HOSTNAME:PORT/webservices/ChangeService
- Created a backup of file services.xml located at
- Open the services.xml file
- Change the "modifyUserWSDLPortAddress" part from true to false
- Restart Rational Change
More support for:
Software version: 5.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1584316
Modified date: 2012-02-23