How to automatically add users as subscribers when creating new work items
How do you configure a project area so that when users create work items, a group of predefined users is automatically added as subscribers in IBM Rational Team Concert?
When new work items are created on a project area, it is required that a group of users be notified of the work item creation.
This can be achieved by defining a default user list for the 'Subscription' attribute of the work item. This is a project-level configuration.
Configuring the Subscription Attribute
- In the Eclipse client, right click on a project area and select 'Open' to open the project area's editor
- In the project area editor, navigate to the Process Configuration tab
- Expand Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Attribute Customization
- Select Default Values and click on the 'Add...' button
- Add a new Default Value of Type 'User List'.
- In the 'Configuration' section of the User List, add users to the list
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Attribute Customization > Types and Attributes page.
- In the 'Work Item Types' section, select a work item type.
- In the 'Attributes' section, add 'default value' to the 'Subscribed By' attribute
Note: Subcribed By attribute is a built-in attribute. Any changes to the attribute will affect all work item types that use it.
- Save change to the project area
When a new work item is created, users in the default UserList will be added in the subscriber section of the new defect.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 3.0, 3.0.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): AIX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1580771
Modified date: 31 May 2016