IBM Content Manager Information Integrator for Content users may receive an application digital signature error followed by “the digital signature has expired” message when viewing documents with an applet using the Java Viewer Toolkit.
The digital signature used to sign the IBM Content Manager Information Integrator for Content Java Viewer Toolkit jar files have an expiration date of March 16, 2012.
Releases: V8.4.3 and V8.4.3 FP 1
Replace your current signed IBM Content Manager Information Integrator for Content JAR files with re-signed versions that can be downloaded from the following link:
Newly resigned jar files are available for download at the following IBM Content Manager Information Integrator for Content levels.
- IBM Content Manager V8.4.3
- IBM Content Manager V8.4.3 Fix Pack 1
- Log on to the IBM Fix Central using the link provided above.
- Select the IBM Content Manager level that matches your current level.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select the fix that matches your II4C version and platform. For instance CM843.000-2012-java-certificate-renewal-II4C-WIN for II4C V8.4.3 on Windows.
- Find the %IBMCMROOT%/lib directory.
- Make a backup copy of your existing JAR files
- on Windows : cmbview81.jar and cmboutsidein-win.jar
- all others: cmbview81.jar
- Replace the existing JAR files with the versions downloaded above.
Users can accept the security warning and run the application. The security warning dialog box has options to accept the digital signature once or to accept all signatures from a specific publisher. If a user accepts the digital signature once, the user will be asked again each time the Java Viewer Toolkit applet is used. If a user accepts all signatures from a specific publisher (International Business Machines Corporation in this case), the digital signature dialog box will not be displayed again.
Important: The re-signed jar files are only intended to be used for the IBM Content Manager Information Integrator for Content version they are provided for. Using any of the jar files on versions of the Information Integrator for Content other than the level they have been released for may result in unexpected behavior of IBM Content Manager. The re-signed jar files are not intended for any one-off build, developer fix or special build.