Can you save the IBM Rational PurifyPlus report to a PDF or HTML document?
You would want to share the purified reports in PDF/HTML formats with other users.
No, there is no option for this in available releases (latest being 7.0.1.003 for windows) of PurifyPlus GUI menu.
Current possibility is to save the Purify data to a text file. We can be achieved as follows:
1. Select the Data Browser window from View menu,whose data you want to save.
2. Open the Save Copy As dialog box.
3. Type a file name, or select a file from the list to overwrite an existing file.
4. Purify lists the file types available for the data you are saving. Select the file type as (*.txt)
Text, expanded (*.txt)
Expands all Error View messages and saves the data to an ASCII text file. Does not include source code.
For HTML report format the text file can be opened in a browser and use 'Save As' option to save as HTML document.
Other valid file types for PurifyPlus reports are as follows:
Purify Error, unfiltered (*.pfy)
Saves all error data in a binary file, including any Error View messages you filtered out.
Purify Error + Coverage, unfiltered (*.pcy)
Saves all error and coverage data in a binary file, including items you filtered out.
Purify, filtered (*.pfy)
Saves error data in a binary file. Does not include any Error View messages you filtered out.
Purify Error + Coverage, filtered (*.pcy)
Saves error and coverage data in a binary file. Does not include any Error View messages you filtered out. Includes all coverage data.
Saves coverage data from Auto Merge or Merge runs in a binary file.
Memory profile (*.pmy)
Saves all memory profiling data in a binary file.
Also saves all coverage data.
Text, view (*.txt)
Saves all of the data currently visible in the Error View to an ASCII text file, including any visible source code.
This file type is not available when you exit Purify with Warn on unsaved data selected in the Workspace tab in the Preferences dialog box. Does not save coverage data.
- You can also copy and paste specific lines of text from a Data Browser by selecting the information and selecting Edit > Copy, and then pasting it into a text file.
- Save data to a .pfy, .pcy, .cfy, or .pmy file to compare the results from one run with the results of subsequent runs, and to share the data with other Purify users. Save the data to a .txt file to use the file with test harnesses or scripts, or to share the file with colleagues who do not have Purify.
- If you try to close a run that contains unsaved data when Warn on unsaved data is selected in the Workspace tab in the Preferences dialog box, Purify asks if you want to save the data. If you try to exit Purify and one or more open runs contain unsaved data, and Warn on unsaved data is selected, Purify displays the Unsaved Data dialog box. Select the runs for which you want to save data and click OK. Purify then displays a Save Copy As dialog box for each selected run.