Reason for TEM security patches not yet available even if Microsoft already announced them.
Even though TEM try to stay with current Microsoft bulletins, some patches are not released by Microsoft Team yet. This does not mean you can't make a custom fixlet and this does not mean we will not be making a fixlet for this content, but currently we don't yet have content for this item. Also Microsoft Team generally releases patches on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
By default, TEM will try to stay current with the security patches published in Microsoft security bulletins published by email or the website: http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/default.mspx.
- TEM does not specifically update fixlets and content based on Service Packs or Updates, unless these Service Packs or Updates are a prerequisite for the application of an item in a security bulletin.
- TEM does find that updates to TEM to include many Service Packs or Updates sooner anyway because they are relevant and useful to our customers.
If there is an issue TEM does not cover for non-security related hotfixes, or does not include in separate content available, customers can develop their own content in TEM by creating a custom fixlet or custom action. Customers can also go through our professional services department and TEM can create the fixlet for you.
Microsoft categorizes updates as
- High priority : Which are Critical updates, security updates, service packs, and update rollups that should be installed as soon as they become available and before you install any other updates.
- Software (optional) : Non-critical fixes for Windows programs, such as Windows Media
- Hardware (optional): Non-critical fixes for drivers and other hardware devices, such as video cards, sound cards, scanners, printers, and cameras.
Further Microsoft categorizes and defines these updates according to the knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824684.
The categories are further broken down to be:
Critical Update, Upgrade, Driver, Hotfix, Security Update, ServicePack, Update, Update Rollup, Feature Pack, Tool, Guidance, Development Kit, and Connector.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.