Exposing API Content for a Single Resource using Poster
How do I expose the XML representation of a single artifact in IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) using Poster?
Poster is a Firefox plug-in that allows users to execute basic HTTP methods on a target server. It can be downloaded at the URL below:
One way to expose the XML representation of a Rational Quality Manager artifact is to perform an HTTP GET request using Poster. To do this, install Poster, then follow the steps below:
- Launch Poster from the Firefox "Tools" menu.
- Enter the URL of the target artifact in Poster's URL field. To properly define the URL, you will need to use the following format:
: /qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/ / /
An example of a correct URL definition is:
- Enter the User Name and Password credentials of a user with access to the RQM project.
- Click the Headers tab, then type the word "Accept" in the Name field. Be sure to click the "Add/Change" button so the Header is added to the Poster call. See the screen capture below as a reference on the above steps.
- Once you have added all information correctly, click the "GET" button. This will return a response similar to what is in this screen capture:
Note that all relevant sections, categories, fields, and properties are displayed in the returned XML (such as Test Case description, Test Case Design section, Pre-condition section, and so on). This process is very useful for accessing RQM artifact content not accessible from the UI.