How do I expose the XML representation of a single artifact in IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) using Poster?
Poster is a Firefox plug-in that allows users to execute basic HTTP methods on a target server. It can be downloaded at the URL below:
One way to expose the XML representation of a Rational Quality Manager artifact is to perform an HTTP GET request using Poster. To do this, install Poster, then follow the steps below:
- Launch Poster from the Firefox "Tools" menu.
- Enter the URL of the target artifact in Poster's URL field. To properly define the URL, you will need to use the following format:
: /qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/ / /
An example of a correct URL definition is:
- Enter the User Name and Password credentials of a user with access to the RQM project.
- Click the Headers tab, then type the word "Accept" in the Name field. Be sure to click the "Add/Change" button so the Header is added to the Poster call. See the screen capture below as a reference on the above steps.
- Once you have added all information correctly, click the "GET" button. This will return a response similar to what is in this screen capture:
Note that all relevant sections, categories, fields, and properties are displayed in the returned XML (such as Test Case description, Test Case Design section, Pre-condition section, and so on). This process is very useful for accessing RQM artifact content not accessible from the UI.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.