Using System Instance Properties to Control Cron Tasks
This document applies only to the following language version(s):
This document describes how to control which instances of the application (JVMs) cron tasks will execute in. By default, any instance of a JVM can run a cron task. For tuning and control, it is desirable to specify where a cron task should run
This is an important procedure and should be adopted by anyone using ear file builds to deploy different functionality where instance properties can be used.
Start by giving each JVM a unique name using the –Dmxe.name Java parameter. See document 1446387 for detailed information on naming JVMs.
Note: This document describes how to define specific JVMs for running cron tasks. If there are a large number of cron tasks, the default field size (500) for the DoNotRun property may not be sufficient. Use "Database Configuration" to increase the size of the DoNotRun property field. The maximum is 32K.
Log into Maximo as an administrator.
1) Click on G o To./ System Configuration / Platform Configuration / System Properties
2) Click on the arrow next to “Global Properties” Filter to show the filter line
3) Type in the word “donotrun” in the Property Name filter field and press <enter>
4) When the mxe.crontask.donotrun property appears click on the arrow next to it to expand the property and show all of its attributes.
5) Scroll down to the “Instance Properties” section and click the New Row button
6) Use the magnifying glass selector next to Property Name to filter for the donotrun property and select it or enter the value mxe.crontask.donotrun in the Property Name field:
Note: The image below depicts the Instance Property Name selector filtered on donotrun.
7) Complete the properties with the cron task names that should not run and which JVM name this Instance Property should apply to. Note: JVM names should be unique so the hostname should be left blank to avoid confusion of hostname, ip address or localhost references.
NOTE: Use the magnifying glass selector next to the server field to select the JVM this property should apply to. Separate crontasks that should not be run by commas in the value field.
8) Put a check mark on the select box next to the Global DoNotRun property
9) Click the disk icon to save the new Instance Property
10) Choose “Select Action” then click “Live Refresh”
11) Click OK to enable this new Instance Property
12) Repeat this process for each JVM
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Asset Management|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Asset Management for IT|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Asset Management for Service Providers|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Service Request Manager|
More support for:
Maximo Asset Management
Cron Task Setup
Software version: 7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.2, 7.2.1, 7.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Platform Independent, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1575741
Modified date: 04 January 2016
Translate this page: