IBM SmartCloud Notes™ supports Lotus Notes® 8.5.3. Some 8.5.3 features require the 8.5.3 mail template. You can use SmartCloud Notes Administration to select and apply the 8.5.3 mail template to user mail files. For instructions, see the topic Changing user mail file templates (hybrid environment) or Changing user mail file templates (service-only environment) in the "Administering SmartCloud Notes" documentation.
The following Lotus Notes 8.5.3 features require the 8.5.3 mail template:
- When sorting mail by Subject, Re: and Fw: prefixes are ignored
- Display a slide-in summary for new email as it arrives
- Improved experience in mailfile copy of Contacts
- When proposing new time for a meeting, keep a placeholder in your calendar for the original time
- Update meeting invitees when people are added or removed
- New preference to update meetings automatically
- Duplicate calendar entries are merged automatically
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.