How do I configure a web server plug-in for IBM Rational ClearCase version 8.0.0.x, IBM Rational ClearQuest v8.0.0.x or IBM Requisite Pro v220.127.116.11 for IBM WebSphere Application Server and IBM HTTP Server V8?
Note: The information in this document has been included in the information centers for ClearCase, ClearQuest, and RequisitePro. See the following topics:
- ClearQuest 8.0 - Configuring a web plug-in for IBM HTTP Server version 8
- ClearCase 8.0 - Configuring a web plug-in for IBM HTTP Server version 8
- RequisitePro 7.1.3.x - Configuring a web plug-in for IBM HTTP Server version 8
Follow these steps to configure your web server plugin. You must do this before installing any Rational products into WebSphere Application Server.
Before configuring a web server plug-in, you must have the following installed:
- IBM HTTP Server V8
- WebSphere Customization Toolbox V8
- WebSphere Plugins V8
- WebSphere Application Server V8
Note: On Windows 2008R2, you must perform these steps as the built-in administrator The is required to use the Create button in step 4.
- Open the WebSphere Customization Toolbox (WCT). How you do this depends on operating system you use.
- On Windows, you can run it from the Start menu: All Programs > IBM WebSphere > WebSphere Customization Toolbox V8.0 > Tools > WebSphere Plug-ins Configuration Tool.
- On UNIX or Linux look in this location:
- Launch the Web Server Plug-ins Configuration Tool. If this is the first time you have run the toolbox, you will see the welcome screen. Click on Web Server Plug-ins Configuration Tool and click Launch Selected Tool.
- If the location of a previously installed web server plug-in that you want to use is not in the list, perform the following actions to add the location to your working set:
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for the web server plug-in location. For example, WASPlugin.
- Set the location where the Plugins are installed. For example,
- Click Finish.
- At the next window, click Create.
- Select the type of web server that you are configuring, IBM HTTP Server V8, and click Next.
- If you are asked, select the architecture of your IBM HTTP Server web server (64 bit or 32 bit) and click Next.
- Verify that the web server port is correct. Port 80 is the default and recommended port. Click Browse to select the HTTP Server configuration file, for example:
/opt/IBM/HTTPServer/conf/httpd.conf. Click Next when you are finished.
- If you are configuring an IBM HTTP Server Administration Server, then check Setup IBM HTTP Server Administration Server and follow the directions on this panel. Otherwise, leave it unchecked and click Next.
- Specify a unique name for the web server definition, such as "webserver1", and click Next.
- Select the configuration scenario. Do not choose the local scenario. You must choose the remote scenario so that the Rational product can be configured in a new WebSphere profile that doesn't exist yet. You can use the remote scenario for WebSphere profiles that already exist.
- Choose the remote scenario.
- Enter the IP address or full hostname of the machine that will be running WebSphere. This is probably the same machine you are doing the configuration on.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary information, and click Configure to begin configuring the web server, web server plug-in, and profile.
- Verify the success of the installation on the summary panel. If the configuration was successful the screen will say "Success" at the top. You can ignore any message about having to do manual set up. The Rational product installer will take care of that. Uncheck Launch the plug-in configuration roadmap and click Finish.
If a problem occurs and the installation is unsuccessful, examine the logs in
plugins_root /logsdirectory. Correct any problems and re-configure.
|Software Development||Rational ClearQuest||18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52|
|Software Development||Rational RequisitePro||184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52|