Attempts to run the 'Requirements' data collection job result in 'failed' status with 'HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized' error in jts-etl.log with IBM Rational Team Concert.
The Data Collection Job Status page displays 'Failed' status for the 'Requirements' data collection job.
Error found in jts-etl.log:
[ http-9443-Processor48] ERROR ouse.service.rrc.internal.RemoteRRCSnapshotService - java.sql.SQLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.oauth.OAuthCommunicatorException: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
The password of the user used to run the data collection job contains a '+' sign in it. This causes the authentication to fail consistently and could eventually lock up the user ID.
This issue is currently filed as a defect on jazz.net. Refer to work item #184619.
Resolving the problem
- Remove the '+' sign from the password of the user used to run the 'requirements' data collection job. It is recommended to avoid any special characters in the password.
- If it is not possible to change the user's password, use a different user whose password contains no '+' sign or any special characters
If the problem persists after implementing the above solutions, review and ensure that the following conditions are met:
- Ensure that the user ID used to run the 'requirements' data collection job can access the IBm Rational Requirements Management (RM) application using the web client. The user should be able to log in without any error.
- The user ID used to run the 'requirements' data collection job must have JazzAdmin repository permission and correct Data Collection license assigned.
- Ensure that the password of the user in the Data Collection Jobs page ("https://<RTC_server>:<port>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.reportsManagement.etlConfig") is correct.
|Software Development||Rational Requirements Composer||3.0.1, 220.127.116.11|