How do you remove validation errors after importing the "Web 2.0 streaming stock quotes" sample into your workspace in IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere 8.0.4?
JSON files had been usually excluded from validation however there was a change in JSON validation.
The validation of JSON was recently changed. Typically, JSON files under the Dojo root are excluded from JSON validation. In this case, it is not excluded because of the recent change in JSON validation.
Remove the errors as follows:
- Right click the quotesstreamer project
- Select Properties
- When the properties dialog comes up, select Validation
- Locate the JSON Syntax Validator
- Click the ... button
- Click the Add Exclude Group... button
- Click the Add Rule... button
- Select the Folder or file name radio button and click the Next button
- Click the Browse Folder... button
- Select the folder <workspace_location>/quotestreamer/WebContent/Dojo folder and click the OK button
- Click the Finish button to close the New Filter Rule Wizard
- Click the OK button to close the Validation Filters for JSON Syntax Validator dialog
- Click the OK button to close the Properties for quotestreamer dialog
- Right click the quotestreamer project and select Validate
At this point you should see the errors go away.