End of Support for WebSphere Application Server V6.1 was September 30, 2013
This is a reminder that WebSphere Application Server V6.1 products' End of Support date was September 30, 2013.
- WebSphere Application Server V6.1 - selected tab,
|What WebSphere Application Server products were affected?|
- WebSphere Application Server V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Express V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server for Developers V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 for Novell SLES
- WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 for AIX
- IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 on Novell SLES
- IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 on AIX
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for System i Version V6.1.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Version V6.1
If your WebSphere Application Server is included in another IBM product, you might be otherwise entitled to support up to its End of Support date. You can verify your product's End of Support date by viewing your product on the IBM Software Support Lifecycle page.
|Where are the WebSphere Application Server End of Support dates published?|
- End of Support Announcement Letter: Software withdrawal: Discontinuance of Support for IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1 (Announcement Letter: 212-417)
- End of Support date: 30 Sep 2013.
- The end of support was scheduled for September 30, 2012, however it was extended for 1 year on 11 September 2012.
- Withdrawal from Marketing: Software withdrawal: IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition for Novell SLES V6.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition for AIX V6.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition per server pricing, and IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender select Enterprise Packs - Replacements available (Announcement Letter: 910-293)
- End of Marketing date: 22 July 2011.
- Search for product on the IBM Software Support Lifecycle pages.
|How do I purchase a Support Extension?|
IBM WebSphere Application Server recognizes that there might be unique situations where a Client is not able to migrate to a supported product version prior to an End of Support date. WebSphere Application Server may, at its discretion, extend customer technical support and defect support for a withdrawn release. Extended support for a product will be considered and provided on an individual Client basis. Information on how to pursue requesting and purchasing a Support Extension can be found in the IBM WebSphere Application Server Support Extension technote.
Information about our expanded lifecycle support policy for our IBM WebSphere Application Server products can be found in the IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policy.
|Where can I learn more about migrating to a newer release?|
If you encounter any issue with your migration, please follow the Mustgather: Migration problems document to engage IBM Support.
|How can I obtain additional assistance with my migration project?|
IBM WebSphere Application Server Level 2 - Migration Assist
Ever wanted to know about WebSphere Application Server (WAS) migration Best Practices and have a technical lead to guide you through the process?
IBM Support is pleased to offer our clients Migration Assist (MA). MA is provided by the WebSphere Application Server Level 2 Support team to clients planning a WebSphere Application Server V6.1 and up to V8.5.x migration. The Level 2 MA Lead will provide migration guidance, best practices, lessons learned, and answer your migration questions.
**NEW** September 2015 update:
Visit our blog! We have created the WebSphere Migration Assist Program - Information on participation blog to assist in sharing information about this program. It's a great resource for keeping current on the MA program!
(Optionally, you can download to the Migration Assist briefing for details and contact information.)
Additionally there is a WAS Migration Guide that provides more information on the migration process.
IBM WebSphere Migration Services (WebSphere Application Server version-to-version)
IBM Software Services for WebSphere can help you evaluate options for migrating your WebSphere applications and infrastructure to a new version of IBM WebSphere Application Server. Our version-to-version migration assessment for WebSphere provides information required to plan and execute a successful migration between different versions of WebSphere Application Server. We can help ease your migration effort by providing a plan that incorporates the best practices achieved from our past migration engagements.
For more detail about our migration assessment download the datasheet or Contact a software services sales specialist.
WebSphere Application Server migration resources on the IBM Software Services Zone for WebSphere
The Migration page provides access to many resources for migrating to WebSphere Application Server.
Accelerated Value Program
IBM Software Accelerated Value Program provides expertise in custom version to version migrations. The program is currently working with customers to assist in migration planning, avoiding pitfalls, and expediting movement off WebSphere Application Server V6.1. Here are details of the program.
WebSphere Application Server license entitlements
A no-charge waiver that expands WebSphere Application Server license entitlements for version to version migration is now available. Contact your IBM representative for details.
Knowledge Collection: Migrating from WebSphere Application Server V6.1
A focused compilation of links to documents and resources to help you plan and perform your migration from IBM WebSphere Application Server Version V6.1.
|Is the documentation for WebSphere Application Server V6.1 still available?|
|I am using Websphere Application Server V6.1 as part of a bundle, am I still supported?|
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server for z/OS||General||z/OS, OS/390||126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 6.1|
More support for:
WebSphere Application Server
Software version: 6.1
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: Base, Developer, Express, Network Deployment, Single Server
Reference #: 1570083
Modified date: 10 September 2012