This is a reminder of the upcoming WebSphere Application Server V6.1 products' End of Support date of 30 September 2013.
- WebSphere Application Server 6.1 - selected tab,
|What WebSphere Application Server products are affected?|
- WebSphere Application Server V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Express V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server for Developers V6.1
- WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 for Novell SLES
- WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 for AIX
- IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 on Novell SLES
- IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition V6.1 on AIX
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for System i Version 6.1.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Version 6.1
If your WebSphere Application Server is included in another IBM product, you might be otherwise entitled to support up to its End of Support date. You can verify your product's End of Support date by viewing your product on the IBM Software Support Lifecycle page.
|Where are the WebSphere Application Server End of Support dates published?|
- End of Support Announcement Letter: Software withdrawal: Discontnuance of Support for IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1 (Announcement Letter: 212-417)
- End of Support date: 30 Sep 2013.
- Withdrawal from Marketing: Software withdrawal: IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition for Novell SLES V6.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server Hypervisor Edition for AIX V6.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition per server pricing, and IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender select Enterprise Packs - Replacements available (Announcement Letter: 910-293)
- End of Marketing date: 22 July 2011.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for Distributed Lifecycle page.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Lifecycle page.
- Search page for all IBM Software Support Lifecycle.
|How do I purchase a Support Extension?|
IBM WebSphere Application Server recognizes that there might be unique situations where a Client is not able to migrate to a supported product version prior to an End of Support date. Application Server may, at its discretion, extend customer technical support and defect support for a withdrawn release. Extended support for a product will be considered and provided on an individual Client basis. Information on how to pursue requesting and purchasing a Support Extension can be found in the IBM WebSphere Application Server Support Extension technote.
Information about our expanded lifecycle support policy for our IBM WebSphere Application Server products can be found in the IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policy.
|Where can I learn more about migrating to a newer release?|
If you encounter any issue with your migration, please follow the Mustgather: Migration problems document to engage IBM Support
|How can I obtain additional assistance with my migration project?|
IBM WebSphere Level 2 - Migration Assist
Ever wanted to know about WebSphere Application Server (WAS) migration Best Practices and have a technical lead to guide you through the process?
It’s here! IBM Support is pleased to offer our clients Migration Assist (MA). MA is provided by the WAS Level 2 Support team to clients planning a WAS 6.1 to 8.x migration. The Level 2 MA Lead will provide migration guidance, best practices, lessons learned, and answer your migration questions.
Download to the Migration Assist briefing for details and contact information.
IBM WebSphere Migration Services (WebSphere Application Server version-to-version)
IBM Software Services for WebSphere can help you evaluate options for migrating your WebSphere applications and infrastructure to a new version of IBM WebSphere Application Server. Our version-to-version migration assessment for WebSphere provides information required to plan and execute a successful migration between different versions of WebSphere Application Server. We can help ease your migration effort by providing a plan that incorporates the best practices achieved from our past migration engagements.
For more detail about our migration assessment download the datasheet or Contact a software services sales specialist.
Accelerated Value Program
IBM Software Accelerated Value Program provides expertise in custom version to version migrations. The program is currently working with customers to assist in migration planning, avoiding pitfalls, and expediting movement off WAS V6.1. Here are details of the program.
WAS 8.5 Customer Acceleration Program
The WAS 8.5 Customer Acceleration Program (CAP) provides additional assistance to customers and business partners who have made a commitment to WAS V8.5, have an aggressive implementation plan, and agree to provide product references through 2013. Contact Carrie Finneran ( email@example.com) for information.
WAS license entitlements
A no-charge waiver that expands WAS license entitlements for version to version migration is now available. Contact your IBM representative for details.
Knowledge Collection: Migrating from WebSphere Application Server V6.1
A focused compilation of links to documents and resources to help you plan and perform your migration from IBM WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1.
|Is the documentation for WebSphere Application Server 6.1 still available?|
|I am using Websphere Application Server 6.1 as part of a bundle, am I still supported?|
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server for z/OS||General||z/OS, OS/390||18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 6.1|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.