When integrating IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) with IBM Rational ClearQuest (CQ) using Data Services, the REST URI for Data Services queries referencing certain kinds of ClearQuest queries with filters do not work correctly
IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) REST URIs referencing ClearQuest queries with filters fail in one of two ways:
- Filters with 'not null' in a condition cause all the filters to be ignored
- Other kinds of filters that do not use 'not null' result in an error like:
[Lcom.ibm.rational.wvcm.stp.cq.CqQuery$FilterLeaf$TargetType; incompatible with java.lang.String
This has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM48320.
This has been seen with IBM Rational Publishing Engine 126.96.36.199 and 1.1.2, when using ClearQuest with multiple databases (Microsoft Access, Oracle 11G)
Diagnosing the problem
To determine whether you are having this problem, you need to have an IBM Rational ClearQuest (CQ) system with the sample database and Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) installed, with Data Services configured for CQ. If you are having this problem, you will be able to reproduce it in this way:
- Make a copy of the All Defects query.
- Edit the copy to add a filter. For example, you can filter by State and only find Resolved defects.
- In a browser, run the REST query to see the queries available for the sample database.
For example http://localhost:9080/DataServices/ClearQuest/7.0.0/SAMPL/Personal+Queries)
- Run the All Defects query in a browser. For example http://localhost:9080/DataServices/ClearQuest/7.0.0/SAMPL/Personal+Queries/All+Defects?Type=Query)
This works as expected, returning all defects.
- Run the query with the filter. For example
This fails with the 500 error described above.
Resolving the problem
As a result of this issue, you cannot use ClearQuest queries with RPE if the queries use filters.
To work around this problem, instead of filtering at the ClearQuest level you can filter at the RPE level by using script filters in the RPE template.
Be aware that doing the filtering in RPE will impact performance.
|Software Development||Rational Publishing Engine||General Information||Windows||188.8.131.52, 1.1.2|