how can you add a new internet domain to Domino server?
1) You have to add a new entry in DNS to make sure the new internet domain points to your Domino server or any 3rd party application to help you receive all inbound SMTP messages.
2) If you have 3rd party application to help you receive all inbound SMTP messages, you have to contact them and let them know that there is a new internet domain that will be added. Also ensure they are going to accept all messages addressed to this new internet domain and then transfer to the Domino server.
If you don't have any 3rd party applications and have messages directly routed to the Domino Server, skip this step:
3) On the Domino Server, open the Global Domain document -> conversions tab -> add the new internet domain to "Alternate internet domain aliases" field
4) Add the email address for the new internet domain to the user's person document -> Basics tab -> "User name" field. This is only required if address lookup in the configuration document is set to 'fullname only' (see TN 1090405).
5) Domino restart is required for global domain change
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.