What privileges do the CM Administrator and informix users need on a Rational Synergy Windows server?
According to the Rational Synergy 7.1 Installation Guide for Windows, you must create a user who is the CM Administrator, such as ccm_root. The CM Administrator has special privileges that are not intended for users in the developer or build manager role.
Here are the requirements for the CM administrator user:
- Must be a domain user
- Should be member of the local Informix-Admin group on the server host
- Must have the right to log on locally to the server host
The installation program performs the following actions to create the informix user and to assign certain privileges and parameters:
- Creates the local Informix-Admin group
- Adds the user informix to the local Informix-Admin group
- Adds the user informix to the local Administrators group for the local machine
- Adds the following rights on the local machine to local user informix:
- Act as part of the operating system
- Create a token object
- Log on as a service
- Log on locally to the server host.
If the Rational Synergy installer does not add any of these groups, users, or privileges, you must add them. You can do this manually, our you can download and install the utility that Informix support provides. The links to access and download the Informix utility are contained in this tech note: