There is a potential problem when performing more than one simultaneous multi-document drag and drop add operation from the same desktop machine. The content of some of the documents could be corrupted.
Resolving the problem
If a user performs more than one simultaneous multi-document drag and drop add operation from their desktop machine, the content of some of the documents could be corrupted. If corruption does occur, the size of the uploaded files will appear to be correct; however, one or more files may include content from the source file and another file from the add process that ran in parallel.
This can only occur if both of the following are true:
- A user starts a multi-document add via drag and drop (by multi-selecting and adding more than one batch of files at the same time).
- The same user starts a second multi-document add via drag and drop before the first one completes.
Workplace XT 1.1.4 GA and later. Releases prior to 1.1.4 GA do not allow users to run simultaneous drag-and-drop processes, thus there are no file collisions.
IBM interim fixes which resolve this issue for Workplace XT 220.127.116.11 and XT 18.104.22.168 are available now: 22.214.171.124-WPXT-IF001 and 126.96.36.199-WPXT-IF001, respectively. Customers should apply these fixes immediately.
Customers should inform users of Workplace XT 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 to not use the drag and drop upload function for more than one multi-document add at a time until a fix is applied.
To access generally available Workplace XT fix packs:
1. You can navigate directly to the Workplace XT 1.1.4.x fix packs (for 188.8.131.52-WPXT-IF001 only) or manually locate the interim fixes by doing one of the following:
- Navigate to the Fix Central page for the Workplace XT fix packs (http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/selectFixes?parent=ibm/Information+Management&product=ibm/Information+Management/FileNet+Workplace+XT&release=All&platform=All&function=all).
- Manually locate the interim fixes by specifying the product group, product, installed version, and platform with the following options:
- Product Group: Information Management
- Product: FileNet Workplace XT
- Installed Version: All
- Platform: All
3. Select and apply the specified interim fix:
- 184.108.40.206-WPXT-IF001 for Workplace XT 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168-WPXT-IF001 for Workplace XT 22.214.171.124