When receiving a fresh Tivoli Security Information and Event Manager Fix Pack (TSIEM FP) that upgrades the z/OS agent, what actions need to be performed on the z/OS zSecure side?
Note that the following procedure can also be used to upgrade from Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager (TCIM) to Tivoli Security Information and Event Manager (TSIEM). Steps 4 through 8 would be used to upgrade only the z/OS zSecure portion, i.e. upgrading from zSecure 1.11 to 2.1.0. (All links below go to the zSecure InfoCenter pages.)
- Stop the current z/OS agent by running your normal stop procedures, C2ECSTOP or C2EJSTOP are the defaults.
- Get the new pax.z file from the FP and binary upload to z/OS. (For a Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager to Tivoli Security Information and Event Manager upgrade, look for the 'mvs390_oe_2' folder in the Tivoli Security Information and Event Manager installation materials to find the 'ibm.tsiem.actuator.pax..Z' file.) See Uploading the pax file.
- Unpack the new pax.z file by running job C2EUNPAC. See Unpacking the software.
- Delete (or rename) the log and run directories in /u/c2eaudit/actuatr1/.
- Run the C2EAROOT job to create fresh log and run directories. See Preparing the Agent root
- Have the Tivoli Security Information and Event Manager Administrator create a fresh configuration (.cfg) file and upload that to z/OS. See Setting up the configuration file.
- Run the C2ECNNCT job using the fresh configuration file. See Initial connection to the server.
- Restart the z/OS agent in full function mode by stopping the agent then restarting C2EAUDIT. See Full-function startup of the Agent.
- Test UIS and ES collects.
(Steps 4 through 8 are detailed more fully at the following 2 locations:
Upgrading an existing agent: see Guidelines for upgrading an existing Agent.
Reinstalling and uninstalling the Agent: see Reinstalling and uninstalling the Agent.
Please note: the z/OS agent is no longer available nor supported beginning at zSecure 2.1.1, GA 2014-09-05.
|Security||IBM Security zSecure Audit for ACF2|
|Security||IBM Security zSecure Audit for Top Secret|
|Security||Tivoli Security Information and Event Manager||Enterprise|
|Security||Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager||Enterprise|