What is Passport Advantage, and how do I access it?
Passport Advantage is designed for larger enterprises, while Passport Advantage Express, a transaction-based offering, is designed to meet the needs of medium-sized businesses.
Proof Of Entitlement - Email
New IBM customers will receive a "proof of entitlement" email with an attached document containing important information related to your IBM purchase, such as Site number, IBM Customer Number (ICN), purchase product list, support coverage, etc. This email is sent to the elected Primary Contact at your site. Users will need the Site number to perform the self-nomination process below.
Passport Advantage Online provides IBM Initiate Master Data Service (MDS) customers with the ability to download new full versions of the MDS software. In order to request access to Passport Advantage (this action is known as self-nomination), please follow the steps below:
- Go to IBM Passport Advantage, http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage
- Click "Customer Sign in" link to the right.
- Sign in with your Web ID or register for one and then sign in.
- Enter your your Site ID.
- Select "No" if you are not the Primary contact.
- Click "Submit".
Primary Contact's authorization process
- The site Primary Contact will receive an automated email from IBM indicating that a new user wishes to have access to the Passport Advantage system.
- They will then login to Passport Advantage and visit the Account Management area.
- They will choose the Manage Access option. This area allows them to manage the permissions for users within their site, approving or rejecting permission requests and configuring access to different options.
Users who performed the self-nomination steps will receive an email when the Primary has approved their request, and they can then access the software downloads area.
Tutorials for Passport Advantage in various languages (Adobe Flash required) can be found here: http://www.ibm.com/software/lotus/passportadvantage/passporttutorial.html
If you require any assistance with the registration or approval process, please contact the IBM Passport Advantage Support Team at (US) 1-800-978-2246, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of worldwide contact numbers can also be found here: http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paocustomer/docs/en_US/ecare.html
If you have any questions related to your entitlements, contract or IBM Customer Number (ICN), please contact the IBM Client Care Team at email@example.com.
Please download and view the attached presentation for more information. This presentation contains example screenshots and references to an example IBM product (SPSS). However, most of the presentation is generic and certainly suitable for use/reference by all customers.
More support for:
Initiate Master Data Service
Component: Not Applicable
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1566554
Modified date: 15 April 2019