Acknowledgements are not reconciling Outbound Documents
Outbound documents are not reconciled
- Functional acknowledgements do not reconcile correctly with the sent outbound document
- Outbound document shows "overdue" in the Out Drawer, yet a 997 functional acknowledgement (FA)
Resolving the problem
Multiple reasons could cause documents to appear with an "overdue status" even though a 997 functional acknowledgement was received. Below are the most common reasons and the steps required to fix the problem.
Verify accuracy of test/production flag indicators, for both inbound and outbound relationships. These must match.
If needed, change the test/production indicator or contact the sender to change and resend the 997 (acknowledgement).
To change the test/production indicator in the outbound relationship screen under ADVANCED:
1. Open Partner Editor
2. Select Partner who received the outbound document
3. Click outbound
4. Select the relationship
5. Click Advanced>locate Test/Production Indicator make change and save
To change the test/production indicator on the outbound interchange envelope - (that is what really tells the sender what indicator to use in their 997 acknowledgment.)
1. Click on Interchanges > Edit > Envelope
2. Locate Test/Production Flag in ISA14
3. Verify for accuracy and revise if needed.
4. Save any changes made.
1. Verify versions of outbound and inbound data to insure that they both match.
To verify, view the raw data from Director's interchange drawer. The version appears in the GS07 field.
2. View the version in the outbound partner profile for the type of document sent:
From partner editor:
Select partner>outbound>select the relationship from the drop down arrow that appears in relationship description field.
The standard and version will appear below in the outbound relationship window.
If the version of the inbound 997 acknowledgement does not match the version of the outbound document sent, contact the sender of the 997 to correct and resend in the same version.
After making any needed changes, reprocess the 997 to see if the outbound document reconcile correctly.
Verify that the outbound relationship is setup correctly for the type of acknowledgement expected.
1. Verify what segments were received in the inbound acknowledgement.
A. Go to InDrawer
B. Locate the partner name and document for the acknowledgement
C. Click View>View>Raw EDI
D. Take note of what segments were received - AK1, AK2, AK3, AK4, AK5, AK9
2. Verify what segments the outbound relationship for the document sent is set to expect in the inbound acknowledgement.
A. Go to Partners>Outbound
B. Select the relationship in the drop down
C. Click Advanced> Is Expect Acknowledgement checked?
If so, Gentran will expect an AK2 and AK5 segment in the inbound acknowledgement
D. Click Groups>Edit>Advance>Is Expect Acknowledgment Checked?
If so, Gentran will expect an AK1 and AK9 segment in the inbound acknowledgement
E. Click Interchanges>Edit>Advanced> Is Expect Acknowledgement Checked?
If so, Gentran will expect an AK3 and AK4 segment in the inbound acknowledgement
Make the necessary changes to the outbound relationship so the appropriate expect acknowledgement boxes are checked to match what was received in the inbound acknowledgement.
This change will not take affect until you have SENT a new document with the new setting and received an acknowledgment for it.