Installing Functional Tester on Windows 7 result in "XCOPY" error
Attempts to install IBM Rational Functional Tester result in the log error: "XCOPY is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
The following log errors are recorded when the attempt to install fails:
- C:\ProgramData\IBM\RFT\customization XCOPY is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
- cacls is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Two possible causes that prevent the product installation:
Resolving the problem
To check if the PATH system environment variable is set up correctly:
- Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System
- Click Advanced system settings
- Click Advanced Tab
- Click Environment Variables
- Click Path in System Variables section, then click Edit
- Verify C:\Windows\system32 is included in value string
- Click OK twice to close out of the windows
- Click Start > run > cmd to open a command prompt
- Type xcopy and hit Enter This should return Invalid number of parameters. 0 File(s) copied if working properly.
- Type cacls and hit Enter
This should return information on how to use the command
- If the above commands work outside of the RFT installation, then it is likely that the PATH variable is not being inherited into the application install process.
Checking if the PATH variable is being inherited into the application installation process:
- Check to make sure that the application install processes are inheriting PATH:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744762%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
- Check if your nVidia driver is the following:
nVidia Optimus 1000M video card, driver level 220.127.116.1102
If so, install the latest version, nVidia Optimus 1000M video card, driver level 18.104.22.16871, which contains a fix for the registry issue.
More support for:
Rational Functional Tester
Software version: 22.214.171.124, 8.2, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1515551
Modified date: 27 February 2015