After having installed Editor for Messages V200 with IF0008, installed MQ Client V7 and Sun Java JRE 1.4.2_07, the following error message is received when trying to connect to a z/OS queue manager:
Bad installation procedure was followed even if it seems it's an MQ Client compatibility issue since it works with MQ Client V6.
Resolving the problem
Let's consider the following:
1) Basically current Editor for Messages installer has a limitation and the only supported java is SUN 1.4.2 (or below)
2) Also, MQ Client V7 and Java 1.5.0 are supported from IF6 or later (including IF8). 3) Installer does not check the level of the MQ Client at install time
So, based on the above statements, the suggested steps for a correct installation are:
- Install Sun Java 1.4.2 + MQ Client V7
- Install your Editor for Messages package and configure it.
- Upgrade Java to 1.5.0
- Then install at least IF6 (IF8 is better) for Editor for Messages.
- Edit <Editor4Msgs_install_path>\bin\kxymsged.control (eg. C:\Program Files\Candle\msgedit\bin\kxymsged.control) and set "JavaHome" to any valid JRE home (the latest installed 1.5.0 version).
- Restart the Editor for Messages
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.