Collecting Data for SysBack (TSM for System Backup and Recovery): Backups
Collecting Data documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
Resolving the problem
1) Manually Gathering General Information
- Complete SysBack version, to 4 digits: lslpp -l *.sysback.*
- AIX version, technology level, and service pack: oslevel -s
- Device backing up (for example: IBM 4 mm tape drive) : lsdev -Cc tape and lscfg -vl rmt# (for example, lscfg -vl rmt0)
Generated by running from AIX:
# sbenv -d /tmp -t -a
Or, from smitty sysback: Utilities -> Gather SysBack and System Information ->
Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.
[TOP] [Entry Fields]
Directory Name [/tmp] /
Archive data (tar format) yes +
Compress archive image (AIX "compress" command) no +
Gather all data yes +
2) Manually Gathering Specific Information
- Command or script you're running for the backups
- Logs generated from the backups
Generated by recreating with debug turned on as follows:
# script /tmp/sysback.out
# export SBDEBUG=1
# <sysback command or script you're running>
Submitting Information to IBM Support
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic troubleshooting data to IBM via FTP, HTTP upload, or email. For details see the following link: "sending documentation to Support for problem determination"
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): AIX
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1514859
Modified date: 2015-08-03