Collecting Data documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
Resolving the problem
1) Manually Gathering General Information
- Complete SysBack version, to 4 digits: lslpp -l *.sysback.*
- AIX version, technology level, and service pack: oslevel -s
- Device backing up (for example: IBM 4 mm tape drive) : lsdev -Cc tape and lscfg -vl rmt# (for example, lscfg -vl rmt0)
Generated by running from AIX:
# sbenv -d /tmp -t -a
Or, from smitty sysback: Utilities -> Gather SysBack and System Information ->
Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.
[TOP] [Entry Fields]
Directory Name [/tmp] /
Archive data (tar format) yes +
Compress archive image (AIX "compress" command) no +
Gather all data yes +
2) Manually Gathering Specific Information
- Command or script you're running for the backups
- Logs generated from the backups
Generated by recreating with debug turned on as follows:
# script /tmp/sysback.out
# export SBDEBUG=1
# <sysback command or script you're running>
Submitting Information to IBM Support
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic troubleshooting data to IBM via FTP, HTTP upload, or email. For details see the following link: "sending documentation to Support for problem determination"
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.