Attempts to use a custom value provider in IBM Rational Team Concert results in the error "Unable to Load /ccm/web/_js/.. Status 500".
The following symptoms include:
- A custom attribute is configured to use a calculated Value provider
- You do not have any problem using the calculated value provider in Rational Team Concert version 2.x
- The error is observed when using the calculated value provider attribute in Rational Team Concert version 3.x and 4.x
- The error occurs when you create a new work item and try to modify the value of some attributes that the calculated value provider depends on
Error Message in the Web client:
Error: Unable to load /ccm/web
Error Message in ccm.log:
HEADER: user-agent = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
HEADER: accept-language = en-us,en;q=0.5
HEADER: accept-encoding = gzip,deflate
HEADER: accept-charset = ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
HEADER: keep-alive = 115
HEADER: connection = keep-alive
HEADER: content-type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded
HEADER: x-requested-with = XMLHttpRequest
HEADER: referer = https://<RTC_SERVER>:9443/ccm/web/projects/31887%2C227%2C000_customValueProvider_3
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Resource does not exist: com.ibm.team.workitem.valueproviders.calBusVal.js
The 'Enable Process Attachment Scripts' setting in the IBM Rational Change and Configuration Management Application Administration Advanced Properties is not enabled.
Resolving the problem
There is a setting called 'Enable Process Attachment Script' which needs to be turned on in order to use scripts for attribute customization. Below are the steps to turn on the setting. These steps are extracted from the jazz.net article, Attribute Customization: Using Scripts for Attribute Customization .
Using Script for Attribute Customization:
To use scripts deployed as process attachments, you need to enable this functionality:
- Go to administrative page of the Change and Configuration Management Application server
- Open the Server tab.
- From the left side-bar open Configuration -> Advanced Properties
- In the Work Item Component, find the 'Enable Process Attachment Scripts' property and set its value to true.
Alternatively you can add the following line to teamserver.properties:
# Allow to use scripts deployed as process attachments