Learn how to use the IBM Service Request (SR) tool and expedite problem resolution. The SR tool is an on-line problem management tool to open, edit, and track open and closed service requests (PMRs) by customer number.
The Service Request tool is an option that is available to you through the IBM Support Portal. This document covers the following topics:
To access the tool, complete the following steps:
- Click Service requests & PMRs, which is at the top of the IBM Support Portal main page.
- Sign in to the IBM Support Portal with your IBM ID and password at the top of the page if you are not already signed in.
If you are not a registered user of the IBM Support Portal, an option is provided to enable you to register. You can create an IBM ID on the My IBM Profile page.
After you register, the information below the IBM Service Request for software heading will change to list the open service requests that are associated with your customer contract. If your ID is not associated with a support contract, you might see the following message that requests further action:
What are the benefits of using this tool?
This tool provides the following benefits:
- Provides the ability to create, update, and monitor a service request 24 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Stores your basic contact information
- Includes preferences such as email notification
- Saves product and component lists
- Uses your profile information to automatically populate new service requests to expedite your ability to define the problem
- Enables you to edit existing service requests from the Support Portal module
- Provides the ability to open new Service Requests using the link in the Support Portal module
- Increases efficiency by enabling you to choose the product and component to submit your issue directly to the correct support queue
- Enables you to define the problem in your own words and describe the business impact
- Enables you to assign severity and attach one or more troubleshooting files
- Enables you to include the names of other people to be notified, as needed
- Enables you to receive email notification when updates are made
- Provides quick access to existing service requests
- Provides views of all open service requests and the requests that you have closed within the last year
- Provides the ability to choose from 10 fields to display service request information
- Provides the ability to print reports or download information in a spreadsheet format
Where can I find more information?
Need more assistance with the Service Request tool? SR Help can help you.
You can also find information on the Service Request tool at the IBM Education Assistant web site.