I would like to know what are the supported Macintosh Operating system versions for IBM SPSS Statistics versions 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23?
Please see the list below. It is strongly recommended to also read the IBM Software Product Compatibility Reports.
Current SPSS Statistics releases 22 and 23:
- IBM SPSS Statistics 23 release is supported on Apple Macintosh OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and 10.10. (Yosemite) with Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 22 release is supported on Apple Macintosh OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) with Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 22 is NOT supported for Apple Macintosh OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Please also note: IBM SPSS Statistics 22 was developed and released prior to Apple's release of OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). However, as per SPSS Product Management Statistics 22 can be installed on Mac OSX 10.9 if you install Apple Java SE 6 (1.6.0_65) on OS X 10.9 first before you install Statistics 22. Please see http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572 for download.
- On Thursday, October 16th 2014, Apple released the latest Mac OS X: 10.10 (Yosemite). Although Statistics 22 FixPack1 was released prior to Apple Mac OS X 10.10. Statistics 22 FP1 can run on this OS if you read the notes below. Statistics 22 FixPack 2 and release Statistics 23 are fully tested on Yosemite OSX 10.10. So if you like to run Statistics 22 on Yosemite please install Statistics 22 FixPack 2 and also read the section below.
For example, you have already installed Statistics 22 FP1 on an Apple Mac OS X 10.9 and now upgrade your Apple OS X to Yosemite 10.10.
Then you will need to:
1. Download and install IBM SPSS Statistics 22 FixPack 2 for Macintosh
2. Download and re-install Apple Java 6
- After the Mac OSX upgrade is finished, Apple Java 6 may no longer exists on your upgraded system. - If you then launch Statistics 22 which is an application that relies on Java 6, the Mac OS pops up a dialog box stating Java 6 was requested, but none is present.
- The Java dialog has a "More Info" button, which when clicked opens a browser to an Apple Tech Support page for Apple Java 2014-001. A download link is provided:
- You must click on the download link and a DMG containing the Java 6 installer is downloaded.
- Then you must open the Java DMG, then double click on the Java installer, follow the prompts and complete the installation of Java 6.
3. In some cases there is a need to Re-license Statistics 22
- IBM SPSS Statistics use Safenet Sentinel technology for licensing. Safenet writes hidden data somewhere on-disc for keeping track of licensing data.
- The OS X 10.10 upgrade process erases that hidden data. Attempting to run Statistics produces a licensing error and a previous installed Statistics 22 does not start/run properly.
- As a solution you will need to Re-run the SPSS License Authorization Wizard, enter your authorization code again and complete the licensing procedure.
- A previous installed Statistics 22 on 10.9 should run again normally after the OS X upgrade to Yosemite 10.10.
How to re-run the SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard on Macintosh computer
On Finder go to Applications and select IBM - SPSS - Statistics - 22 folder.
Double click on SPSS Statistics License Wizard.
On Product Authorization Wizard select 'License my product now and click next.
On next screen enter your authorization code and click next.
You will then get your license code automatically
(During this process your computer should be connected to the Internet).
Older SPSS releases 19 to 21:
- Please note that Statistics release 18 is no longer supported. Please contact IBM Sales department to renew your contracts.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 19 release is supported on Apple Macintosh OS 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard) with Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics version 19 is not supported on Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and later.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 20 release is supported on Apple Macintosh OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 Lionwith Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 20 was developed and released prior to Apple's release of 10.8 (Mountain Lion) operating system. It is not formally supported on 10.8, meaning any issues found can only be addressed in future releases However, no serious issues are anticipated, and IBM SPSS Statistics 20 can run on Mountain Lion 10.8 with Intel processor but:
a) If you plan to install Release 20 it is strongly recommended to read Technote 1606447 first and follow the instructions about Apple's Gatekeeper security feature, and
b) if you are upgrading the operating system around an existing installation of 20.0, you may experience an issue with your license code. Please see Technote 1607184 for further information.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 21 release is supported on Apple Macintosh OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) with Intel processor.