I would like to know what are the supported Macintosh Operating system versions for IBM SPSS Statistics versions 18, 19, 20, and 21?
Please see the list below:
- IBM SPSS Statistics 18 and 19 releases are supported on Apple Macintosh OS 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard) with Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 20 release is supported on Apple Macintosh OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion) with Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 21 release is supported on Apple Macintosh 10.7 (Lion), and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) with Intel processor.
- IBM SPSS Statistics versions 18 and 19 are not supported on Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and later.
- IBM SPSS Statistics 20 was developed and released prior to Apple's release of 10.8 (Mountain Lion) operating system. It is not formally supported on 10.8, meaning any issues found can only be addressed in future releases or FixPacks to version 21. However, no serious issues are anticipated, and IBM SPSS Statistics 20 can run on Mountain Lion with Intel processor but:
a) for new installations of 20 it is strongly recommended to read Technote 1606447 first and follow the instructions about Apple's new Gatekeeper security feature, and
b) if you are upgrading the operating system around an existing installation of 20.0, you may experience an issue with your license code. Please see Technote 1607184 for further information.
For further information on compatibility see also the IBM Software Product Compatibility Reports.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.