What manual Relay selection options do I have for my clients and Relays?
Information about manual Relay Selection options.
TEM Client Settings
Diagnosing the problem
Right click the endpoint to view Client Settings.
Resolving the problem
The primary and secondary relays for clients (and relays) to manually select can be set through the Edit Computer Settings dialog in the console.
To open the Edit Computer Settings dialog right click on the computer (or computers) and select Edit Computer Settings.
- Interface if one computer is selected in the console:
- Interface if more than one computer is selected in the console:
Select the primary relay or secondary relay.
These settings are stored in the Window client endpoint's registry as __RelayServer1 and __RelayServer2 and can be directly modified in the registry in the following location:
32bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client
64bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client
The format for the value of the relay URL needs to look similar to (with /bfmirror/download/ appended to the end of the hostname and port number):
endpoint by the following client settings:
In addition there is a setting that allows a list of Relays :
Finally a last resort fail-over setting:
The following guide can be used to create settings via actionscript here.
The manual relay selection process use these settings in the following order:
- Client attempts to connect to primary relay selection value (__RelayServer1) if set.
- Client attempts to connect to secondary selection value (__RelayServer2) if set.
- Client attempts to connect to tertiary selection if (_BESClient_RelaySelect_TertiaryRelayList) is set.
- Client attempts to connect failover selection if (_BESClient_RelaySelect_FailoverRelay) is set.
- Client fails to connect to relays Attempt root server selection .
To have the client select a relay upon initial installation see the following article here.
Please see the following Relay guide here.
Please see the following Relay Health guide here.