How can I change my database authentication type from SQL to NT for my BigFix Server?
1806 Database; googlebigfix
See the following instructions on changing the authentication type for BigFix
Resolving the problem
- Document and understand your deployment. This includes the SQL registry values, ODBC configurations, and special or custom database permissions.
- Always maintain a current backup of your database, masthead, and credential files.
- Create NT domain group or user account in Active Directory.
- Use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio under Security > Logins, create a login for the domain service account user or user group, with a default database of BFEnterprise, and give this login System Admin (sa) authority.
**System Admin authority is required in order for operator account creation, product upgrades, and other Administrative processes.
- Remove SQL registry keys and values for User and Password from the following locations:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\Database
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\FillAggregateDB
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server\FillAggregateDB\RemoteDatabases\DBINSTANCENAME
- For 64bit installations see the following:
- Change ODBC connection for bes_bfenterprise (or any DSN that you wish to use) which should be set to NT Authentication.
- On the BigFix Server in Services set the LogOn settings for the BES FillDB, BES GatherDB, and the BES Root Server (for 8.x deployments) services to use the previously setup domain group or user account.
- Restart BES FillDB, BES GatherDB, and the BES Root Server Services.
- Modify ODBC LocalBESReportingServer entry to use NT Authentication.
- Set the LogOn settings for the BES Web Reports Server service to use the group or domain account.
Translate this page: