The Unmanaged Assets tab does not show up in the TEM Console
The Unmanaged Assets tab is installed in the TEM Console during set up
of Asset Discovery.
Resolving the problem
The Unmanaged Assets tab is installed in the Console during set up of TEM Asset Discovery. If after installing Asset Discovery (and waiting a few minutes) the Unmanaged Assets tab does not appear, check the following:
- Ensure that you are subscribed to the BigFix Asset Discovery site (Console Menu >
Tools > Manage Sites) (If you need the Asset Discovery site contact your sales rep)
- Check that you have installed the Nmap Asset Discovery Import Service.
- Check that the console operator you are logged into the console has the permissions to view unmanaged assets:
- Open the TEM Administration Tool
- Edit the console operator's permissions.
- Under unmanaged assets, choose "Show this user all unmanaged assets" [Note: this area will be grayed out for master console operators as they already have these permissions by default.]
- Make sure the NMAP Unmanaged Asset Importer service is running in the Windows services
- If the Server connects to a remote database, ensure that the user the NMAP Unmanaged Asset Importer service runs as is changed from Local System account to a user account that has rights to access the remote database.
- Clear the console cache (For instructions, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21505993) and restart the console.
Translate this page: