How do I use the new Active Directory support for Web Reports user management functionality
In Version 8, Web Reports adds the ability to grant Active Directory users access to Web Reports using their Active Directory user names and passwords.
Resolving the problem
In Version 8+, Web Reports adds the ability to grant Active Directory users access to Web Reports using their Active Directory user names and passwords. To grant access:
- Set up your Web Reports Server service to run as a domain user with permissions to query Active Directory.
*Note that this user does not have to be a domain administrator or special permissions to make changes to Active Directory. However the NT account must have enough permissions on the local machine to start the Web Reports Service. This may require local administrative rights.
- Log in to Web Reports as a Web Reports administrator.
- Navigate to Administration > User Management.
- Click on the Active directory permissions link.
- Enter your Active Directory user name and password. User name should be in the form DOMAIN\username or username@DOMAIN.
- Assign roles to domain groups or users. This will grant access to Web Reports according to the role definition.
Translate this page: