What is the Server Host Visibility Integration Dashboard?
I need information about the Server Host Visibility Integration Dashboard.
Resolving the problem
This overview dashboard provides information about virtual guests residing on VMware ESX 3.5 / 4.0 or Microsoft Hyper-V Hosts. The dashboard provides information on the relationship between guest VMs and their physical hosts.
To get hosts and VM Guests to report useful information to the Server Host Visibility Integration Dashboard, the following analyses from the TEM Inventory and License site must be run:
323 Hypervisor Host Information
324 Virtual Machine Guest Information
In addition, the following task needs to be run on Hosts. TEM recommends setting this task from the TEM Inventory and License site as a policy action at least once an hour: On each Host:
71 Virtual Machine Probe
For each host reporting in to the TEM console, the dashboard provides information about:
- The names of all the Guest VMs present on the host, and a clickable link to the guest computer object
- The states of all the Guest VMs on the host
- The UUIDs of all the Guest VMs on the host
- The name and type of the host with which a guest is associated
- A clickable link to the computer if Analysis 324 is also activated
In addition, the Dashboard can save results to a pdf, print the contents of the Dashboard, and narrow results through a search field.
Translate this page: