Characters that are allowed for user names and passwords in Tivoli Endpoint Manager
characters; username; password; Console; googlebigfix
What characters are allowed for TEM user names and passwords?
For usernames, follow these guidelines:
- Cannot be greater than 32 characters
- Cannot be "System"
- Cannot be the name of an existing operator
- Cannot be the name of a deleted operator who had a different admin role (MO vs NMO)
- Must include only alphanumeric characters,"_", and "-"
For passwords, follow these guidelines:
- Cannot contain the tab character
- Cannot be fewer than 6 characters
- Cannot be greater than 128 characters
- Must meet the complexity regular expression set up in BigFix Admin (default is to just needs to meet above requirement)