How to move the TEM Relay or TEM Server wwwroot directory to a different drive with more disk space.
Sometimes a TEM Relay is installed on a disk drive that does not have as much disk space available as a disk drive which is added at a later time. Many times the TEM Relay download cache will require many megabytes of space to cache the deployment's action downloads. These downloads can be moved as part of the wwwroot directory on the TEM Relay to a new location.
Resolving the problem
In order to move the contents, you can use the following task in the TEM Support site to accomplish this:
ID 425: Configure BES Relay to Use Different Drive - Version >= 6.0
Note: Please read the Notes in the description of the task.
Note: Please note that this task does not apply to moving directories on a TEM Server.
To move the wwwroot directory on the TEM Server from one drive to another (for example from the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive), follow these instructions.
Note: There is not a way, without issues, of hosting just the wwwrootbes folder to a different drive. All the server's directories need to be fully migrated to and exist together on the other drive.
1. Uninstall TEM using the Windows Add/Remove Programs tool in the Control Panel - do not uninstall using the TEM Remove Tool as that will completely remove all TEM components from a single computer: Server, Console, Client, Installer, etc...
2. The following files will need to be moved or copied to the corresponding directories of the destination hard drive. The directory structure can be copied in its entirety like "D:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise" or abbreviated like "D:\BigFix Enterprise". In any case the following files should be placed in the directory "\BigFix Enterprise". Such folders are:
- Copy C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\wwwrootbes - Downloaded files are stored/cached in the sha1 subfolder of this folder. The files are stored using their sha1 checksum values as their filenames.
- C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\Bes Server\wwwrootbes\bfmirror\downloads can be deleted.
- Move C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESReportsServer
- Move C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BigFixServer
- Move C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\ClientRegisterData
- Move C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\GatherDBData
- Move C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\Mirror Server
- Move C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\sitearchive
- Move C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\BESWebReportsServer.log
More support for:
IBM BigFix family
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1506201
Modified date: 08 May 2014