How do I download Trend CPM patterns in an Air-Gapped Setup?
CPM; Air-Gap; Air Gap; Air-Gapped; Pattern Updates; Trend; Airgap; googlebigfix
Instructions for downloading Trend Micro CPM pattern updates to the TEM CPM Clients, in a Air-Gapped network.
Resolving the problem
- On a machine with access to the internet download and run one of the following installers:
- The installer runs silently and by default will install to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Core Protection Module Server'. You can specify a non-default installation location using the -i
- On network machine run TMCPAuHelper.exe to download the latest definition files. The default location is [C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Core Protection Module Server\TMCPAuHelper.exe]
The tool will take several minutes to run. You can monitor the progress of the update with the registry key
The UpdateProgress key has two components in the format [STATUS],[PROGRESS]. The Progress value is a percentage indicator from 1% to 100%. The Status value will be one of the following (returns to 0 after completion):
- 0=Not Started Yet
- 2=Downloading Files
- 3=Download Succeeded
- 4=No Update Available
- 5=Update Failed
- Next, verify that the definition files were downloaded successfully:
The Registry Key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\CPMsrv\LatestExitCode] should be set to 0 or 3.
- 1=General Failure
- 2=Failed because another process was running
- 3=No Update Needed.
If this was the first time running TMCPAuHelper.exe, the Components directory should have been created (C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Core Protection Module Server\Components) and it should contain an 'engine' folder containing data, a 'pattern' folder containing data, a filelist_srv.txt file, and a server_bf_XXX_XXX.ini file.
- Copy the 'components' directory from the networked machine to the 'components' directory on the Air-Gapped Server. Same default location [C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Core Protection Module Server\Components].
- On the Air-Gapped machine run 'TrendMirrorScript.exe' from default location of: C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\TrendMirrorScript.
- In the CPM Dashboard navigate to the Pattern Updates Wizard and deploy your pattern.
Translate this page: